- FDA approved to kill 99.99% of germs
- Alcohol-free hand sanitizer that won’t dry out your hands
- A smarter sanitizer—personal protective equipment (PPE) goes on before, not after
- Antibacterial effect that continues up to 4 hours after initial application
- Small sized 3.3 oz bottle makes it easy to take Invisi-Shield with you on the go
Spread of Disease-Causing Microbes by Direct Contact
The dissemination of bacteria, viruses, and fungi by direct contact, especially the hands, is one of the most common methods of spreading infectious agents. Some common deseases and organisms spread in this manner include those of bacterial origin (e.g. enteric bacteria commonly found in unirary tract infections, Staphylococcus-boils, abscesses, wound and surgical infections, Pseudomonas aeruginosa- conjunctivitis, trachoma, Streptococcus pyogenes-impetigo, erysipelas), viruses (e.g. the human papilloma viruswarts, and the common cold virus), and fungi (such as Candida albicans-candidiasis).
One method of helping to decrease the dissemination of such disease agents is to apply and maintain a topical anti-microbal on the skin. Such an agent kills or inhibits sensitive microbes, and thus reduces their transmission. Laboratory studies have shown repeatedly that Invisi-Shield has definite value in reducing the numbers of pathogens, and maintains protection for several hours. Thus, its routine use in the clinical environment should be adopted as one of several strategies for reducing nosocomially transmitted disease agents.